Author: Pam Strahs
1. In what setting was the first toothbrush used?
A. Lab B. Kitchen C. Prison D. Zoo
2. Which of these foods have antibacterial qualities that can help fight tooth decay?
A. Coffee B. Broccoli C. Lemons D. Green Tea
3. 100 years ago in North America about how many adults were toothless?
A. 30% B. 40% C. 50% D. 60%
Bonus Question: Do snails have teeth?
A. Yes B. No
1. B. Prison - In a prison in 1770 a Englishman who was serving time for inciting a riot created the toothbrush out of animal bone and bristles.
2. D. Green Tea
3. C. 50% Tooth loss was common, it was routine to give false teeth as a wedding gift!
Bonus: A. Yes- They actually have 1000's of tiny little teeth all lines up in rows!