Dental Procedures Sherman Oaks, CA
Our dental procedures can keep you and your family in excellent oral health, restore damaged teeth and transform your smile into something truly beautiful. At Guy Mangia, DDS, we understand that each of our patients' smiles is unique and so are their health concerns. As such, we meet with each patient to discuss any health concerns and goals prior to recommending specific dental procedures. If you live in Sherman Oaks, we invite you to schedule an appointment by calling (818) 940-0862. During your examination, we can look for any signs of infection or cavities; discuss what you do and do not like about your smile; and determine the best way to proceed.
Available Options for Dental Care
In the past, there were not as many options for treating or restoring teeth. Fortunately, technology has revolutionized dentistry, and there are now a variety of options for treating all types of oral health concerns. Gone are the days where teeth were pulled on a regular basis. Now, the majority of damaged or infected teeth can be saved when treated early enough. Simultaneously, if teeth do fall out there are a variety of procedures for replacing them that go well beyond removable dentures.
If you have had dental work done in the past or are currently wearing dentures and are not satisfied with the results, schedule an appointment with Guy Mangia, DDS. Our dental procedures use the latest in dental technology allowing us to improve the appearance and functionality of former restorations. For example, we can replace old metal fillings or crowns with tooth-colored ones for a more natural appearance. We can also treat teeth that have had a bonding procedure in the past, if the material is now looking old and dated.
We can make each restoration blend in with the surrounding teeth. Whether replacing an old crown or fixing a recently damaged tooth, the tooth will look fantastic once complete and it will be difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish the difference between the natural teeth and the restoration. There are multiple types of dental work we can use to accomplish this goal including dental veneers and dental crowns. Those who want to replace a tooth may benefit from a dental bridge, dental implants or modern dentures instead. Regardless of what procedure is necessary, we will ensure that it is completed to perfection.
At Guy Mangia, DDS, we also work to ensure that patients remain comfortable and relaxed during the dental procedure. We can offer several types of light sedation to make this a possibility. We understand that many adults have concerns over getting their teeth worked on and at times, simply need to relax. Whether you do so through sedation or friendly conversation, we are here to help. With more intensive procedures, we will ensure that you do not feel any discomfort along the way. To learn more or to schedule an appointment with our Sherman Oaks dentist office, call 818-940-0862.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Procedures Sherman Oaks
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. Will my dental restoration blend in with my surrounding teeth?
Q. What can I do to improve my smile?
Q. Will the dental procedure hurt?
People Also Ask
Q. What can I do to restore my chipped tooth?
Q. What can you offer to keep my teeth healthy?
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Dental Procedures
3 Things To Know About Preventive Dentistry
Preventative dentistry involves you keeping your teeth and gums healthy by taking actions that will protect against dental problems like tooth decay, gum disease, and enamel loss. Tooth decay and gum disease are two of the most common dental issues that people seek care for, yet both are preventable.Things like daily oral hygiene and teeth…
5 Tips To Prevent Dental Cavities
Curious about how to prevent cavities? Continue reading to learn some tips on how to prevent tooth decay. According to the Centers for Disease Control, dental cavities affect one out of every four adults, and more than half of all teens in the United States have had a tooth filled. Oral health is often overlooked,…
Reasons To Choose Dental Implants For Missing Tooth Replacement
Talk to any dentist about missing teeth solutions and dental implants will be one of the first options they bring up. There are many good reasons for this. Implants are the only oral prosthetic that replaces missing teeth roots and they prevent the bone tissue loss that normally takes place when you lose some of…
Habits That Can Result In A Cracked Tooth
Wondering whether there is anything you can do to avoid getting a cracked tooth? Read on to learn about what habits can lead to cracking a tooth. Some instances of cracked teeth are simply unpreventable, such as enduring a blow to the mouth during a car accident or from a hard and unavoidable fall. However,…